One of the greatest innovation from Microsoft is Skype for Business. At a glance, you can tell that this Skype upgrade has placed team accessibility and efficiency at the heart of its features.
Skype is one of the most widely-used communication apps today. Its friendly and easy-to-navigate UI has contributed to its popularity, and even before Skype for Business, the platform is already being used by professionals in online meetings, webinars and even online coaching sessions.
But just remember, Skype and Skype for Business are very separate systems. Skype is the consumer version that Microsoft acquired a number of years ago, Skype for Business is a re-brand of the Microsoft platform formally known as Lync – Focused on internal team collaboration.
Here are some of the Skype for Business’ cool features:
- Unlimited number of meetings. Free online meetings with your team or clients directly from your Outlook.
- Powerpoint upload. You can present on-line using its interactive tools such as annotation, highlighting and laser point.
- You can now draft, draw and edit information as if you are in the same room.
- Auto-cropping. Skype for Business also has an auto-cropping and head tracking feature, which provides the focus to the person in the call, and eliminates background distraction.
- Screen sharing. Screen sharing is one of Skype’s most popular features. It has become an essential feature of the platform and has paved way for easier online discussions.
- Skype can be set up from a PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
- URL invites. Share files among your team using personalized links.
- Built-in IM. Skype’s instant messaging feature allows you to send and receive messages during business meetings and video calls.
If you are also using Office 365, you can easily add a Skype Meeting link so guests can join the online meeting straight from their Outlook Calendar. You can also use Collaboration tools that will allow you to record the meeting, take quick polls, add attachments and run Q&As during your meeting.
If you are looking at upgrading your online meetings, Skype for Business is definitely a platform worth looking into. It has definitely stepped up the game and raised the bar at a new level, allowing people to conduct business smoothly and efficiently, even if they are on different parts of the globe.
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_code admin_label=”Code”]<script src=”//static.leadpages.net/leadboxes/current/embed.js” async defer></script> <button data-leadbox-popup=”vaxRbpTigRP7P4kiosU82B” data-leadbox-domain=”wyntec.lpages.co” style=”background: rgb(81, 0, 255);border-color: rgb(81, 0, 255);border-radius: 20px;color: #FFFFFF;display: inline-block;vertical-align: middle;padding: 16px 32px;min-width: 192px;border: 1px solid rgb(81, 0, 255);font-size: 1rem;font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;text-align: center;outline: 0;line-height: 1;cursor: pointer;-webkit-transition: background 0.3s, color 0.3s, border 0.3s;transition: background 0.3s, color 0.3s, border 0.3s; box-shadow: 0px 2px 5px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6);”>Click here to learn more</button>[/et_pb_code][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]