With all the current events transpiring across the globe, now is not the time to panic or fall prey to anxiety. Treat this as an opportunity to evaluate and consider new possibilities for your business. Examine how your business is optimising and streamlining the delivery of your products and services.
There will always be challenges in business. There will always be unforeseen circumstances that will block and hinder our progress. What matters more is our preparedness and ability to handle those obstacles. Currently, the biggest thing I am seeing is a significant increase in remote working capability.
Aside from the reduced overhead expenses, remote working is also beneficial in increasing the productivity of employees. Contrary to the common perception that remote work encourages laziness and procrastination, employees are found to finish more work when they no longer experience stress in toxic commutes and office drama.
Studies have also shown that working from home reduces stress, enhances personal relationships, and provides time for hobbies and interests. All of which are essential for a great work-life balance that most employees seek. As such, it boosts retention rates and makes businesses more competitive and stable with lower turnovers.
With all of these benefits, it’s no surprise if your company is already employing this arrangement. However, even if your company is accommodating various modes of remote working schemes, there are still a few things that your business needs to consider:
- Are your applications and data effectively accessed remotely and at scale for your team? Your employees will not be able to do work efficiently if impediments in access are present.
- Are your backups, websites, and other necessary data safe and secure? Security needs to remain a pivotal component in enabling remote work. Compliance should not be compromised, and hackers certainly aren’t going anywhere.
- What about your communication routes? There is a need to consider telephone services as mobile redirection may not provide the best outcome. Clients and partners with urgent needs and concerns might find this problematic.
- Are your connectivity and collaboration tools sufficient and in place? Team collaboration and coordination is critical, and the ability to engage when separated is necessary.
- How do you plan to reach out to your clients? It is necessary to examine client engagement procedures as your team may not be able to travel in today’s climate.
When you consider all these factors, the benefits for your business can be huge, not just now but in the future. Keeping efficient communication lines with your employees and maintaining high levels of collaboration are keys to manage remote working effectively. For you to be able to reap the benefits of this setup, technology will be your greatest ally. It is the primary enabler of mobility, so you need to ensure that the right digital tools are in place.
With the state of modern technology today, there exists a huge opportunity to streamline and automate business processes. You need to take advantage of these developments to optimise your workflow. When you modernise your business functions, you can experience enhanced capabilities and performance.
If you need help in ensuring that you have the appropriate tools for your remote working capabilities, contact us, and we can help you through the process.